SCHSL – Administrative Assistant Job Opening
Under general supervision is responsible for direct administrative and clerical support. Conducts such duties as answering incoming calls, word processing, data entry, establishing and maintaining files and records, scheduling appointments etc.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to The Commissioner and The Deputy Commissioner and indirectly to Associate Commissioners.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative assistant position is preferred. An associate degree or higher and any combination of work experience that demonstrates the skills required to perform the job duties may be substituted.
- Knowledge of SCHSL and its policies, procedures and activities.
- Ability to communicate through both written and verbal correspondence.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and anticipate.
- Ability to complete work without the need of direct supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate proper maintenance, safe operation, and utilization or equipment, materials and supplies used in daily activities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and school records and information.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office to include but not limited to: Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Ability to use Zoom or similar platform for remote meetings.
- Ability to demonstrate high level application of technology devices in the performance of daily activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides support by performing such duties as checking and responding to emails, answering and screening phone calls, word processing, filing, scheduling and written correspondence to member schools and district directors for officiating.
- Operates general office and technology equipment needed for daily activities.
- Provides clerical assistance as a back up to other staff when needed.
- Assists with scheduling of officials for varsity football and basketball as needed.
- Assists with reviewing schedules for officials’ assignments for varsity football and basketball weekly.
- Handles initial correspondence with potential officials.
- Corresponds with district directors on potential officials.
- Assists Deputy Commissioner with SCFOA and SCBOA business and correspondence.
- Assists Deputy Commissioner with preparations for SCFOA and SCBOA clinics.
- Assists Deputy Commissioner with June Scholastic Events.
- Handles incoming and outgoing correspondence from Deputy Commissioner to member schools and officials’ associations as directed.
- Prepares agendas for meetings.
- Assists with creation of rules clinics presentations.
- Edits and proofs Rules and Regulations for accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinates travel and travel records/receipts for Deputy Commissioner.
- Assists Deputy Commissioner with daily responsibilities as needed.
- Provides back up assistance to the Associate Commissioners when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner.
Conducts duties in an office environment with no significant exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Requires ability to maintain constant attention to details and meet deadlines. Physical demands are restricted to office work requiring lifting/moving of items weighing up to twenty-five pounds. Jobs requires the operation of standard office and technology equipment.
Medium work. Exerting up to fifty pounds of force occasionally, up to twenty pounds of force frequently, up to ten pounds of force as needed to move objects and the ability to climb stairs.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provision of the SCHSL policy manual.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is full-time as defined by the SCHSL Employee Handbook. The annual salary for the 52-week position will be negotiable depending upon experience and other relevant qualifications. Comprehensive benefits including: vacation, state retirement and health insurance coverage are provided.
As an Applicant you shall submit:
- A letter of interest.
- A current resume of qualifications and experience.
Note: Submit information no later than June 7, 2021
Send information to email@example.com or by mail to:
PO Box 211575
Columbia, SC 29221-6575
Candidates will be selected for interviews. Anticipated Start Date will be July 1, 2021. All deadlines will be extended if a suitable candidate is not found during interviews.
The South Carolina High School League is an Equal Opportunity Employer.